TampaBay DSM TampaBay DSM

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

T3/4 Inducer Exducer specs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSM-SONATA
T-25
T-25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject: T3/4 Inducer Exducer specs Reply with quote

Hi, this is Justin from Australia. I have a 2nd gen front cut in my '95 Hyundai Sonata - http://dsm20.topcities.com

It is my understanding that the standard internals in a 2nd gen motor start to push it's limits at 400whp. I have standard internals (with hks 264/272 cams) and am looking for a turbo to bring me to this limit. I have all the supporting mods required for the turbo apart from aftermarket rods and pistons though. Here in Australia, we don't have as much access to all of the wheels and housings, but i do have access to the parts described below.

I have a quesiton about a T3/4 turbo, in particular, one with these specs;

- T3 Turbine Housing (.63AR) with T3 Stage 3 Turbine wheel
- Garrett GT Ball Bearing centre cartridge with inegral wastegate
- T04E Compressor Housing (.7AR) 3" inlet with a T04E 50 Trim Compressor wheel

(A) So that i know i'm not getting duped on what wheels the turbo shop here puts inside my turbo, can someone provide me the inducer and exducer dimensions for the T04E 50 Trim and the T3 Stage 3 turbine wheel?

(B) Is a .7AR compressor cover to large to match with a T3 .63AR turbine housing, or should i use a smaller .6AR comp cover instead for 400whp?

(C) I have read some posts here saying that there is a stage 5 turbine wheel, but when i look at the turbonetics site, there is only 3 stages listed. I assume that garrett simply has more stages, but is a stage 3 from turbonetics the same as a stage 3 from garrett??

(D) Is anyone using the turbonetics T3 .63 Stage 3/ T04E 50 trim as seen here on the DSMotorsports page? - http://www.diamondstarmotorsport.com/garretparts.htm What are people's thoughts on the turbonetics turbos? i have read before that people don't like the bearing assembly, I plan to run 20-22psi on 98 octane through my 650cc injectors. Can anyone report on the reputation of this store?

If someone could answer any one of these questions, it would help to clear out my mind a lot!

Thanks in advance
LancerMan
y2k
y2k

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the t3/t4 turbos we use are from turbonetics. the turbo you have pictured on your site doesn't look like the ones we use. maybe yours is from garrett?

stage three 2.23''/2.56''
stage five 2.439''/2.791'' (dont use)

50 trim 2.12''/3.0''

either housing will work well on compressor. i would use the .6. for faster spool.

the turbo is a good choice. the 50trim is well proven wheel. the .63 will be a little laggy, but will pull smoothly which should work well on fwd.
DSM-SONATA
T-25
T-25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying Lancerman, you are one of the main people i was hope would be

The T3/T4 i have on my car at the moment is a garret, yes. it is totally mismatched, it was only ever meant to be a temporary turbo until i saved up for a proper one. I came across this one pretty cheap, and it's now time to upgrade for the next race.

I wasn't quite sure if you guys were using Turbonetics turbo's but at least i have confirmation now. Does $775 sound like a good deal for the T3 .63AR Stage 3/ T04E .6AR 50 trim?

Could someone provide me some other website links that sell turbonetics turbos?
fastfour
y2k
y2k

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.agpturbo.com

has the same turbo but w/ the 57 trim for 625
90GSX --> *SOLD*
99ZX6R --> *Sold Sniff Sniff*
2011 5.7 Tundra
2013 Lexus RX350 Fully Loaded
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TampaBay DSM Forum Index -> Performance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: